October 22, 2013

Raven Moonhawk : Échapper à la Vortex Obscène : Nude Self Portraits




I've been torturing myself (and my fiancé)  between the highs and lows of self satisfaction and contempt with what I do and where I'm at in life... Thankfully even when we torture each other we refuse to leave one another. Love that runs far too deep to ever be removed from itself.

What I've been neglecting, that my fiancé Stacey has Indirectly forced me to focus on, is that the core of my art begins with my own physique & existence- my freedom does not only lie within it's movement but in the act of becoming Muse to Myself. 

As an artist, inspiration is drawn upon constantly from a variety external stimuli- but forced to look inward.... to look into myself for it is the most difficult wrenching experience for me... I don't know why. My way around it is to deflect that inspiration onto other women, to photograph in them what I want to photograph in myself. To be responsible for beauty rather than becoming it. So my new project is just that... Self portraits that expose my vulnerable, and writing words void of falsehood or fear.

A film will come of it too, a telling of vast intensely personal states of emotional and sexual blockage; To Shed It. 


I have been unhappy this year, despite Love's ecstasies.
It's time to focus on myself without apology, and my man is holding me to it.













______________________________________________________________________


Seins Sacrés 
In this series I've photographed several women's breasts... 


More info @
&



1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out!
    OUROBOROS: Integrating the shadow and finding the root of it all. Being the watcher of our subconscious is like a sword that cuts through illusion. Truths discovered will lift the veil and allow you to seek out the barriers of love. Our shadows can be seen in the mirrors around us; in our brothers and sisters. The union of our fractured parts of being will awaken us into LOVE.

    ReplyDelete